Protein Crystallization Support Equipment
ARI Gryphon dropsetter
- The Gryphon dropsetter can set up 96-well crystallization screens and works optimally for drop volumes between 0.2 and 1 uL. It can also be used for LCP crystallization.
Douglas Instruments Oryx4 crystallization robot
- The Oryx4 can be used for small sitting drops and microbatch crystallization. The three-bore dispensing tip allows dispensing of small volumes (100 nL) and is optimal for microseeding.
Rigaku Alchemist liquid handler
- The Alchemist is used to prepare reservoir solutions for crystallization optimization. It can either set up 24- or 48-well plates directly or set up solutions in a 96-deep-well block, which can subsequently be used by the Gryphon dropsetter.
Rigaku CrystalMation DT Minstrel crystal hotel/imager
- Two Rigaku Hotel / Imaging System are available (20 degrees). Protein crystals can be verified by UV exposure.
- Microscopes (RT and cold room)
- Crystallization plate incubators
- Cold room
- Liquid nitrogen
- Barcode Label Maker (GX430t)
- Milli Q water
Supported Crystallization Plate Types:
- ARI 96-2 Shallow well (102-0001-20)
- ARI 96-3 LVR (102-0001-03)