A practical three-day advanced-training course teaching innovative trial design methodologies for clinicians and scientists involved in pediatric clinical trial development.
To be announced 2020.
SickKids Research Institute: Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning
686 Bay Street, Toronto, ON
The course will focus on three main teaching blocks:
- The use of value of information methods in the design and evaluation of clinical trials
- The selection, measurement and validation of child health outcomes
- Integrative and alternative study design
- Employ value of information methods in study design and analysis
- Apply novel systematic approaches to outcome selection and measurement
- Select justifiable comparators for an intervention
- Contain sources of bias
- Implement the advantages of a Bayesian approach
- Design and analyse economic evaluations alongside clinical trials
- Evaluate and select appropriate trial designs
- Martin Offringa, MD, PhD, Senior Scientist and Program Head, Child Health Evaluative Sciences CHES, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Professor, University of Toronto
- Dorcas Beaton, BScOT, PhD, Director and Scientist, Mobility Program Clinical Research Unit. St Michael’s Hospital, Toronto. Scientist, Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Micahel’s Hospital. Executive member of outcome measures in Rheumatology (OMERACT) consensus initiative and developer of the DASH Outcome.
- Wendy Ungar, PhD, Senior Scientist, Child Health Evaluative Sciences, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Professor, Institute for Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, Adjunct Scientist, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences
- Andrew Willan, PhD, Senior Scientist, Child Health Evaluative Sciences CHES, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Professor Emeritus, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for clinicians and research professionals with experience in clinical trial development and an interest in efficient and innovatively designed trials.