2. Launch the app by touching the Pain Squad™ icon.
3. Read the app disclaimer – read this with your parent or guardian to make sure you understand all words and sentences. If your parent or guardian. With your parent or guardian present, touch “I Agree” to continue.
4. Click on the ‘Play’ button and choose how many weeks you want to play the game.
5. Set up reminders by clicking on the tab called “Survey Times.” You can choose when you want to fill in the surveys.
• All → set the same survey time everyday.
• Individual → set different survey times for each day (this is best used when you have a certain activity each week in the evening – i.e. tutor session, support group, etc.).
6. Your Pain Squad™ app is ready to use – remember it will start one day after you set up the survey times!
2. At the bottom of the screen, there are four graph icons which represent the different pain charts you can view:
a) Pain intensity – chart of your pain level
b) Causes of Pain – chart of causes of your pain
c) Effects of Pain – chart of the effect pain has on your daily activities
d) Actions Taken: medicines & other therapies – chart of the things you do you help manage your pain
3. Click on each icon to see the pain chart
2. At the bottom right hand side of the screen, there is an icon labeled “Share” – click on that icon.
3. There are two options for the charts:
• Preview → see all the charts at once by clicking on the tab and scrolling down.
• Send Reports → send a PDF of all the reports to yourself to print out and bring to your health-care provider OR send the reports directly to your health-care provider if they provided you with their email.
1) TIP: Slide the button from side-to-side to answer the question.
2) TIP: when you do not see a ‘Next’ button, try scrolling down the screen.