Our LSR Training Course is an intensive course that provides clients with the expertise to operate our LSRII analytical instruments independently. We focus not only on teaching the basics of instrument start-up & shutdown, but also on equipping our clients with current best practice information and tools necessary to achieve optimal instrument set-up and ensure precision & accuracy in their data acquisition.
It is recommended that clients taking the LSR Training Course intend to use the analytical instruments at least twice per month:
- Clients planning less frequent LSR usage may consider availing of our Operator Assisted Acquisition service.
- WORK-FLOW FCE online training course
The LSR Training Course includes:
- Two webinar lectures:
- Webinar 1: Optimizing & Standardizing Instrument Set-up (2 h)
- Webinar 2: Introduction to BD FACSDiva Acquisition Software (1.5 h)
- Three hands-on instrument training sessions:
- Day 1: Demo of Instrument Set-up: 3 colour experiment using stained compensation beads (3 h)
- Day 2: Trainee practices optimizing instrument settings under guidance from Facility Trainer (3 h)
- Day 3: Trainee brings their Experimental Samples to optimize and standardize Instrument Set-up for their own Application with Facility Trainer assistance (3 h)
The hands-on instrument training sessions cover the following topics:
- Overview of key instrument components (optics, electronics & fluidics)
- Instrument start-up & fluidics checks
- Review of acquisition software
- Optimization of instrument set-up (including flow & event rates, PMT voltages, threshold, area scaling, compensation & acquisition criteria)
- Data acquisition & recording
- Cleaning & shutdown procedures
To request training, submit an LSR Training Course Request (listed under the Training Services category) in iLab.