The Cystic Fibrosis Canada-SickKids Program for Individualized CF Therapy (CFIT)
SickKids has partnered with Cystic Fibrosis Canada in the Program for Individualized CF Therapy (CFIT). The CFIT Program is developing tools and technologies for personal medicine in CF.
Our program has two major goals:
- Develop in vitro cell-based and genetic-based assays that will help predict who will respond to CFTR modulators like ORKAMBI® and SYMDEKO®.
- Develop resources that will aid in therapy discovery efforts for individuals who have rare cystic fibrosis-causing mutations for which there is currently no CF modulator therapy.
We are currently seeking to enroll the following:
- CF participants with the F508del-CFTR mutation have not started CFTR modulator therapy
- CF patients who have two identical copies of one of the following mutations:
- Others not on this list—please contact us